Green Beans with Hazelnuts and Lemon
- 675g (1 1/2 lb) fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 30g (1 oz) chopped toasted hazelnuts
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Prep:10min › Cook:10min › Ready in:20min
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook beans 3 to 8 minutes or until tender. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Add olive oil, lemon zest, hazelnuts, salt and pepper. Beans may be made 1 day ahead, chilled and covered. Reheat beans to serve.
Made just as the recipe except for the oil, used balsamic and its an unusual taste but all 6 at the table asked for more, that says it all. - 12 Dec 2010
Used different ingredients. Made this for Easter and it was very good. Used toasted almonds instead of hazelnuts and added some lemon juice to the cooking water. Reheats nicely if you don't overcook the beans. - 24 Jul 2008
Used different ingredients. Like some other reviewers, I used toasted almonds. The lemon gave the beans a lovely freshness without being overpowering & the almonds added a lovely crunch. - 24 Jul 2008