Makes : 1 .2 kg
- 170g unsalted butter, softened
- 900g icing sugar, sieved
- 80ml milk
- 50g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- additional milk, if required
Prep:10min › Ready in:10min
- In either a stand mixer or using a big bowl and a wooden spoon, cream together the butter and cocoa powder.
- Add half of the icing sugar and mix until well incorporated.
- Add the milk and vanilla, beat until well mixed and then add the remaining sugar. Beat well.
- If you need to thin the consistency for spreading, add extra milk if required.
How to ice cupcakes
Watch our How to ice cupcakes video to see how to dress them up or down for any occasion!
Was a very stiff mix so had to add a lot more milk than suggested. We got there in the end. Very tasty. - 21 Apr 2013