1 person made this
About this recipe:
This pudding has a hidden surprise when cooked, as it separates to give a rich chocolate sauce at the bottom of the dish.
50g margarine, plus extra for greasing
75g light brown soft sugar
2 eggs, beaten
50g chopped walnuts (optional)
40g plain flour
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
Extra time:30min ›
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Lightly grease an ovenproof dish.
- Cream together the margarine and sugar in a large mixing bowl until fluffy. Beat in the eggs.
- Gradually stir in the milk and add the walnuts, stirring to the mix.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into the mixture and fold in gently, with a metal spoon, until well mixed. Spoon the mixture into the dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven, until a skewer inserted near the centre of the sponge comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Dust with icing sugar and cocoa powder and serve.
Add 1-2 tablespoons brandy or rum to the mixture for a slightly alcoholic pudding, or 1-2 tablespoons orange juice for a child-friendly version.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate