1 / 1 Picture by:
Chicken chorizo paella
CookingToday.co.uk West Midlands, England, UK
- 1/2 chorizo ring, cut into 2mm slices
- 2 chicken breast fillets, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 200g paella rice
- 600ml chicken stock
- 80g frozen peas
- salt and pepper
Prep:10min › Cook:20min › Extra time:10min resting › Ready in:40min
- Put chorizo into a large pan over a medium heat until the oil has been released. Add onion to the pan.
- Stir in chicken cubes, onion and crushed garlic. Add smoked paprika to the pan and stir. Cook until the onions have softened, about 2 minutes. Add the rice to the pan and stir well to coat the rice in the pan juices.
- Add the stock and frozen peas, stir well and turn up the heat to bring the pan to the boil. When the liquid boils reduce the heat to a simmer and allow to cook for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes turn off the heat and put the lid on the pan for 10 minutes to allow the rice to absorb the liquid. After 10 minutes season with salt and pepper and serve.
See it on my blog
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!