Super easy lemon tart
- 1 pack of digestive biscuits
- 70g butter, melted
- 1 (397g) tin sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 lemons
Prep:15min › Cook:10min › Ready in:25min
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Crush the biscuits to fine crumbs, then add the melted butter and mix. Press into the bottom of a tart tin by pressing the mixture with a glass or the palm of your hand.
- Pour the condensed milk into a bowl, add the eggs and mix well. Zest one lemon, and set aside. Juice the 3 lemons and add the juice slowly to the milk while whisking; the mixture will thicken. Add the lemon zest, then mix.
- Pour the lemon mixture over the base, and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Cool, then refrigerate before serving.
I love this recipe. It's really foolproof and the end result is delicious. It's quick, tasty and guests always ask for seconds- what more can you ask for? - 09 Jan 2013
I have made this recipe so many times but never reviewed it. It is absolutely delicious and so easy to make with minimal ingredients (and hardly any washing up!). I have been complimented on it by lots of friends who regularly ask for the recipe. The only change I make sometimes is to used crushed Oreo biscuits for the base. Both variations are fantastic. Thanks for the recipe! - 26 Nov 2012
This tart was lovely and very easy to make.I used half a large pack of digestive which was enough base and sprinkled it with icing sugar to finish. I will definitely make it again - 07 Mar 2011