1 / 1 Picture by: Christie
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (1cm) piece root ginger, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/2 bunch spring onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon mixed spices (cumin, coriander, turmeric powder or whatever you have)
- 250g shiitake mushrooms - quartered or halved depending on size
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dark brown soft sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chilli flakes
- 1 (200g) pack raw king prawns
- 2 tablespoons choppped fresh coriander leaves
Prep:5min › Cook:30min › Ready in:35min
- Heat oil in a pan, add ginger, garlic and stir.
- Add chopped red onions, spring onions, and stir over medium heat for a few minutes, then add spices and stir some more.
- Add mushrooms and stir uncovered until they turn soft.
- Add tomatoes, salt, brown sugar, chilli flakes, and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally.
- Finally add prawns, stir well and cover cooked until prawns are opaque, about 10-12 minutes.
- Uncover and stir for a few more minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Serve with a sprinkling of chopped coriander.
The powdered spices can be omitted if you prefer, the mushrooms with ginger and garlic create a unique flavour by themselves. Great accompaniment to basmati rice or naan.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!