1 / 1
1 person made this
About this recipe:
This vacherin needs to made ahead of time. Layers of cream, meringue and caramel sauce are frozen together to create this delicious dessert. NOTE: This recipe contains raw eggs.
140g icing sugar
2 large ready-made meringues or 12 small ones
2 tablespoons vanilla sugar
700ml double cream
caramel sauce as needed
Extra time:8hr freezing ›
- Beat cream until stiff. Refrigerate.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the vanilla sugar, icing sugar and egg yolks together. Gently fold in the cream and egg whites.
- Line a loaf tin with baking parchment. Layer in the following order: cream mixture, meringue, caramel sauce, cream, meringue, caramel sauce and finally cream mixture.
- Freeze overnight. Remove from tin and decorate with raspberry coulis, cocoa or crushed hazelnuts.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate