1 / 1 Picture by: Trish
Devilled Eggs for Kiddies
Makes: 10 devilled eggs
- 1/4 red pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 10 eggs
- 100ml mayonnaise
- 3 stuffed olives
- 45g grated Gruyere cheese
- 1 pinch paprika
- pepper to taste
Prep:15min › Cook:10min › Ready in:25min
- Cook eggs in boiling water for 10 minutes. Cool under a cold running tap, then peel.
- Slice a thin layer off each egg on the bottom (so the egg can stand up). About 2/3 up on the egg, cut egg in half using a zigzag pattern (to imitate a broken shell).
- Carefully remove the yolks. Transfer yolks to a bowl and mash with a fork. Stir in mayonnaise, grated cheese, onion, paprika, mustard and pepper. Mix well.
- Fill the egg with this mixture and then put the hats on top, Add enough yolk mixture so that it looks like that there is a little chick coming out of the shell.
- Cut olives into 20 small rings for the eyes. Cut 10 small triangles from the red pepper for the beaks. Gently press the eyes and beaks in the egg yolk mixture. Serve chilled.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!