1 / 2
2 / 2
6 people made this
About this recipe:
These buttery shortbread biscuits are not only delicious, but they are also quick and easy to make if you are expecting company.
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon baking powder
4 teaspoons vanilla sugar
120g caster sugar
2 tablespoons milk
250g plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 150 C / Gas 2.
- In a large bowl, mix the butter and sugar until smooth. Add egg, milk, almond extract and vanilla sugar and mix.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into the butter and mix until smooth, then form a ball.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll the dough until 5mm thick. Cut the shortbread into shapes you desire.
- Arrange shortbread onto an ungreased baking tray at least 3cm apart. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Remove from oven. Cool for 3 minutes on the tray, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate