- Put olive oil in a large pan; add diced chicken breast, garlic, salt and pepper and lightly brown for about 5 minutes, making sure you do not burn the garlic.
- Add all spices, green chilli, and herbs if using to chicken and cook and stir for a further 2 minutes. Pour in cream sherry and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in tomatoes, natural yogurt , tomato puree and double cream.
- Pour in a little water and the sugar, stir well and bring to the boil. Turn down to simmer for around 50 minutes,stirring occasionally to ensure balti is not sticking.
- Ready to serve with rice or naan - check out my Garlic Naan recipe which is excellent with this. Enjoy!!
You can replace the sugar with 2 tablespoons mango chutney.
If you have no fresh herbs, the dry ones will be okay replacements.
If you don't like a hot curry, I suggest you don't go over a half chilli.
Here's my recipe for Garlic naan.