1 / 1
3 people made this
About this recipe:
This fruit pie is a delicious alternative to apple pie. Sweetened plums are baked in a sweetcrust pastry. Enjoy dusted with icing sugar, with whipped cream or ice cream.
For the Pastry
300g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
200g caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
For the Filling
2 cupfuls sliced plums, juiced reserved
2 lemons, juiced
2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
2 heaped tablespoons cornflour
icing sugar (optional)
Extra time:1hr chilling ›
- Mix together flour and baking powder. Add remaining pastry ingredients and work into a pastry dough. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Grease a round springform cake tin and lightly flour a work surface.
- Cut dough in half and roll out one piece. Line the bottom and sides of the tin with pastry dough.
- For the filling: Place collected plum juice, lemon juice and cornflour into a small pan. Heat until thickened. Let cool, then drizzle over pastry-lined tin.
- Layer plums on top and sprinkle with vanilla sugar.
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Roll out remaining pastry dough and place over the plums.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 1 hour. If desired, dust with icing sugar.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate