1 / 3
2 / 3
3 / 3
1 person made this
About this recipe:
This is a highly versatile biscuit recipe. You can add other flavourings or cut them into any shape you prefer. They are particularly good to snack on during the Christmas season.
Makes: 150 biscuits, depending on size
For the Biscuit Dough
840g plain flour
480g butter, at room temperature
3 egg yolks
240g caster sugar
1 pinch salt
Extra time:1hr chilling ›
- Work all the biscuit dough ingredients into a dough. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Divide the dough in two. Roll each piece out on a floured surface.
- Cut out biscuits and place onto a greased baking tray.
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6 and bake for about 10 minutes. Let cool on the tray for 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool fully.
- Mix together just enough icing sugar and lemon juice into to form a thin glaze. Brush over the biscuits and sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles or sugar strands, if desired.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate