1 / 1 Picture by: sophie
Onion and Bacon Flan
Serves: 6 - 8
- 250g plain flour
- 125g margarine
- 4 eggs
- 15g butter
- 500g onions, chopped
- 200g bacon, diced
- 150g whipping cream
- salt freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- plain flour for dusting
- margarine for greasing tin
Prep:45min › Cook:1hr10min › Ready in:1hr55min
- Grease a 25cm round springform tin.
- Work sifted flour, margarine, 1 egg and 1 pinch salt into a smooth dough. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry bacon in butter. Add onions and fry over very low heat for 30 minutes. Set aside and cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 220 C / Gas 7.
- Line base and sides of prepared tin with dough. Fill with onion mixture.
- Beat together remaining eggs with cream, salt and pepper. Pour over the onion mixture. Sprinkle with caraway seeds and bake for about 40 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!