Onion and Bacon Flan
1 / 2
2 / 2
2 people made this
About this recipe:
This German quiche is hearty and very simple to make. A shortcrust pastry case is baked with sauteed onions, bacon, eggs and cream. Simple and delicious!
Serves: 6 - 8
250g plain flour
500g onions, chopped
200g bacon, diced
150g whipping cream
salt freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons caraway seeds
plain flour for dusting
margarine for greasing tin
- Grease a 25cm round springform tin.
- Work sifted flour, margarine, 1 egg and 1 pinch salt into a smooth dough. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry bacon in butter. Add onions and fry over very low heat for 30 minutes. Set aside and cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 220 C / Gas 7.
- Line base and sides of prepared tin with dough. Fill with onion mixture.
- Beat together remaining eggs with cream, salt and pepper. Pour over the onion mixture. Sprinkle with caraway seeds and bake for about 40 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate