1 / 5
2 / 5
3 / 5
4 / 5
5 / 5
2 people made this
About this recipe:
If you love all lemony things, these biscuits will not disappoint. Buttery lemon flavoured biscuits are topped with a lemon icing. Enjoy as a snack or with a mug of tea.
Makes: 90 depending on size
325g caster sugar
1 untreated lemon, zest grated and juiced
500g plain flour
coloured sugar sprinkles (optional)
Extra time:1hr cooling ›
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment and preheat oven to 190 C / Gas 5.
- Beat butter until fluffy, then gradually beat in sugar. Stir in eggs. Mix in the lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Sift flour and fold it into the batter with a spatula.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop small heaps of batter onto the baking tray. Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of the biscuits.
- Leave to cool. Mix enough icing sugar with lemon juice to make a lemon icing. Spread over the biscuits. If you want them to be colourful, you can sprinkle sugar sprinkles on top.
Not lemony enough!
- 17 Sep 2013
Write a review
Click on stars to rate