- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Line a muffin tray with paper cases.
- Warm half of milk/espresso mixture in a pot and add chocolate to melt. Stir until combined; set aside to cool.
- Sift flour, baking soda and powder together. Cream the 175g butter and add caster sugar slowly. Blend till combined. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla and chocolate mixture alternately with flour mixture, 1/2 at a time. Blend well. Scoop mixture into muffin cases with an ice cream scoop, so that you will have same size cupcakes. Give the tray a good shake so that the dough flattens, as you do not want rounded tops.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes. Test for doneness with skewer. Continue baking until all dough is baked.
- Make frosting for cupcakes. Melt the 8 tablespoons butter. Add vanilla extract, espresso and lemon juice. Stir. Add sugar and cocoa. Whisk together. Let cool until you have right consistency. It should be pourable but not too runny.
- Pour frosting on cupcakes, swirl it around carefully so that cupcake is covered. Let cool until stiff. Download LV pattern from the internet and enlarge to fit cupcakes. Cut out monograms in stiff plastic or other material that will not stick to marzipan or fondant. Roll out marzipan/fondant and cut out monogram.
- Put monogram on cupcakes and assemble them into the LV pattern.
If you want to start ahead, bake muffins and freeze (without frosting). Thaw cupcakes before frosting. Marzipan cutouts can also be made ahead.
You can of course use your own favorite cupcake and frosting recipe :)
See it on my blog
Check out www.matpaabordet.blogspot.com