Easy Peasy Chocolate Chip Muffins
Makes: 12 muffins
- 250g plain flour
- 100g caster sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 175ml milk
- 75ml vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 125g dark chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark brown soft sugar
Prep:20min › Cook:20min › Ready in:40min
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6. Grease bottoms only of 12-hole muffin tin or line with paper cases.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, 100g sugar, baking powder, chocolate chips and salt; mix well. In a small bowl, combine milk, oil and egg; blend well. Add dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened (batter will be lumpy).
- Fill holes 2/3 full. Sprinkle tops of muffins before baking with a combination of 3 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoon dark brown soft sugar.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool 1 minute before removing from tin. Serve warm.
Just made these muffins and they are delicious. So moist on the inside and a lovely crunch on the outside. I have an electric fan oven and only baked them for 18 minutes. That was the perfect time for my oven. So please I found this recipe. Intend to make them over and over and they are so easy peasy. "Thanks" - 25 Jan 2011
My little sister made these, and they were delicious! Soft on the inside but with the lovely crunchy crust, and the chocolate chips (we added LOTS) they were a perfect afternoon snack! will definitely be keeping this recipe! My sister says they are "yummy scrummy!" - 23 Jan 2011
I've tried muffins once before and ended up with pancakes This recipe was easy to follow and I have to say these turned out fantastic... even better than the local bakers Thank you - 19 Apr 2012