Easy Chocolate Brownies
- 110g butter, melted
- 200g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 60g self-raising flour
- 30g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 60g chopped walnuts (optional)
Prep:10min › Cook:25min › Ready in:35min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease and flour a 20cm square tin.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the butter and sugar. Add eggs and mix well. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; stir into the sugar mixture. Mix in the vanilla and stir in walnuts, if using. Spread evenly into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven or until edges are firm. Cool before cutting into squares.
Very quick and easy to make. I used plain flour and added orange extract instead of vanilla and no nuts. They are delicious! - 25 Feb 2012
Very easy to make and taste amazing! Taste best when they're warm, but great when cold. - 17 Aug 2012
I'm not a natural in the kitchen. These however are easy, and taste perfecto! I've made them quite a few times too!! - 12 Jan 2013