1 / 1
17 people made this
About this recipe:
These delicious cookies look just like fresh peaches. Round cookes are hollowed out and sandwiched together with an apricot-cream cheese filling.
Makes: 30 cookies
200g caster sugar
175ml vegetable oil
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
460g plain flour
320g apricot jam
50g chopped almonds
85g cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons instant tea powder
2 1/2 tablespoons brandy
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
50g red decorating sugar
100g orange decorating sugar
Extra time:2hr cooling ›
- Preheat oven to 170 C / Gas 3.
- Combine sugar, oil, milk, eggs, baking powder and vanilla in large bowl. Blend in enough flour to form a soft dough.
- Roll into walnut size balls. Place on ungreased baking trays.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Cookies will be pale. Remove to rack to cool.
- Hollow out cookie centres. Reserve crumbs. Combine 2 cupfuls crumbs, jam, almonds, cream cheese, instant tea powder, brandy and cinnamon. Mix to blend.
- Fill cookies with crumb mixture. Press 2 cookies together to form a peach shape.
- Brush lightly with brandy or water and dip one spot in the red sugar for blush and roll entire cookie in orange sugar. Top with a sugar leaves or plastic peach leaves.
Make perfect cookies every time with our How to make cookies guide!
Write a review
Click on stars to rate