Makes: 18 muffins
- 165g raisins
- 475ml warm water
- 250g plain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 250ml vegetable oil
- 110g dark brown soft sugar
- 330g grated carrots
Prep:15min › Cook:20min › Extra time:15min soaking › Ready in:50min
- Combine raisins and water in a small bowl. Let soak for 15 minutes. Drain raisins, discard water and set raisins aside.
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease muffin holes or line with paper cases.
- In a large bowl, sieve together flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, combine eggs, oil and dark brown soft sugar; beat well. Combine egg mixture and flour mixture; mix just until moistened. Fold in carrots and drained raisins. Spoon into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
Great basis for a recipe. I think that the recipe calls for a little too much oil so second time round I cut down on the second round and enjoyed the results better. I also added some bran (to reduce the guilt factor). Yummy. Thank you - 21 Jan 2012
I was looking for a recipe to use up some carrots when I came across this one. I had never made muffins before, but it looked easy so I gave it a go. They turned out perfect! Really easy to make, not too sweet, but sweet enough to be moreish, yummy. - 11 Oct 2011
Nice muffins, though I felt they were a little too salty and not sweet enough, easily tweekable though :-) , next time, I'll halve the salt and add 10/15g more sugar. I also followed the advice of another reviewer and put in less oil, around 175mls. - 21 Feb 2013