Oaty Banana Muffins
Serves: 12 muffins
- 200g plain flour
- 80g porridge oats
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 175ml milk
- 75ml vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250g mashed bananas
Prep:15min › Cook:20min › Ready in:35min
- Combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg lightly. Stir in the milk, oil and vanilla. Add the mashed banana and combine thoroughly. Stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture until just combined. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases and divide the batter among them.
- Bake at 200 C / Gas 6 for 18 to 20 minutes.
Really easy to make.I reduced the amount of sugar to 75g and this was plenty,i may use slighty less again next time.Instead of porridge oats,I used oatbran,and this gave a lovely texture.These are gorgeous,moist and very moreish-I made them this morning and have eaten four of them already!!! - 20 Nov 2011
Easy and tasty might add blueberries or something next time. - 16 May 2012
Oh my goodness these are really lovely! Super quick and easy! I threw in a couple handfuls of chocolate chips and topped each muffin with a pecan and a light sprinkling of oats, and they look gorgeous! - 03 May 2013