Best Ever Carrot Cake
- 650g grated carrots
- 220g dark brown soft sugar
- 170g sultanas or raisins
- 4 eggs
- 300g caster sugar
- 250ml vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 250g crushed pineapple, drained
- 375g plain flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 120g chopped walnuts
Prep:1hr30min › Cook:1hr › Ready in:2hr30min
- In a medium bowl, combine grated carrots and dark brown soft sugar. Set aside for 60 minutes, then stir in raisins.
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease and flour two 25cm cake tins.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until light. Gradually beat in the caster sugar, oil and vanilla. Stir in the pineapple. Combine the flour, bicarb, salt and cinnamon, then stir into the wet mixture until absorbed. Finally stir in the carrot mixture and the walnuts. Pour evenly into the prepared tins.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes in the preheated oven, until cake tests done with a skewer. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from tins. When completely cooled, ice with your favourite cream cheese icing recipe.
another tip: had to bake it for about hour and half though! so dont worry if you bake it longer than it says in the recipe just keep checking it - 14 Jul 2012
This was a lovely cake, I made two and cut them as slices topped with cream cheese. However, my kitchen looked like I had used every dish in the cupboards! You do need a very BIG bowl to mix it in and once all the ingredients are weighed out it was very easy. I will make it again and have been asked for the recipe. - 18 Oct 2012
This is an amazing carrot cake, it disappeared very quickly. The only problem I had was the cake was stuck to the bottom of the tin even though I had greased and floured, but will use greaser off paper next time. Thank you for this great recipe - 30 Aug 2012