1 / 1 Picture by:
Chicken and Cheese Stuffed Cannelloni
- 340g cannelloni or large pasta shells
- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets - cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 120g dried breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 225g grated mozzarella cheese
- 225g grated Cheddar cheese
- 800g passata
Prep:30min › Cook:45min › Ready in:1hr15min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to the boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Separate cannelloni or shells and let stand, so they are not touching.
- In large frying pan over medium heat, combine chicken, onion, egg and breadcrumbs. Cook until chicken is no longer pink. Season with oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Stir in three-quarters of the grated mozzarella and Cheddar; cook until cheeses melt.
- Fill shells with chicken mixture, using a tablespoon, and place in a 20x30cm baking dish. Cover the pasta with the passata and top with the reserved cheese. Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes, or until lightly browned and bubbly.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!