Quick and easy donuts
I discovered this recipe 15 years ago and has been enjoyed by my family ever since!
444 people made this
70g (2 1/2 oz) butter
500g (1 1/4 lb) plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
70g (2 1/2 oz) sugar
260ml (9 fl oz) milk
vegetable oil for frying
- Sieve flour and baking powder into a bowl and rub in butter. Mix in the sugar.
- Beat egg and milk together. Make a well in flour mixture, then and pour in the egg mixture. Mix together to form a soft dough.
- Roll out dough on a well floured surface to about 1cm (1/2 in) thick and cut to shape of choice. Personally I use 2 different sized biscuit cutters.
- Fry in hot oil (at approximately 180 degrees C) for 30 seconds, turn over and cook for a further 30 seconds untill golden brown.
- Drain on kitchen paper until cool. Roll in sugar or decorate with icing as desired.
Reviews & ratings
Average global rating:
Reviews in English (36)
Great very easy and tasted FAB!
29 Jul 2011
it was the best!! I made it and it turned out lovely! Thanks alot! I made it for my cousins and family and everyone loved it (I'm 12) once again thanks <3
23 Jul 2012
This was so easy to do!
08 May 2012
User's IP: 22.214.171.124