Easy Mushroom Quiche
- 300g (11 oz) fresh mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 50g (2 oz) butter
- 4 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 100g (4 oz) Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (200g) tub cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 dash Tabasco Sauce
- 150g (5 oz) cooked ham or bacon, diced
- chopped fresh parsley to garnish
Prep:15min › Cook:30min › Ready in:45min
- Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas mark 5.
- In a medium pan, sauté mushrooms and onion in butter until just tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Butter the bottom and sides of a 25.5cm (10 in) pie dish. Press mushroom mixture into pan evenly on bottom and sides. Sprinkle grated cheese over the mushrooms.
- In a blender, beat together cream cheese, eggs and Tabasco until well incorporated. Stir in diced ham. Pour over the mushroom and cheese and bake 30 minutes or until set in centre. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
Used different ingredients. This was wonderful. I sauteed a couple of cloves of garlic with the mushrooms. I added 1 tbsp of pesto to the cream cheese. I'm doing a low-carb thing right now so I didn't add the breadcrumbs and increased the parmesan cheese. Thanks so much for submitting this recipe! - 15 Sep 2008
Used different ingredients. WOW!! Used a few more mushrooms, and a clove of garlic in the pastry and substituted a couple of slices of wholemeal bread toasted dry for the breadcrumbs. Used light cream cheese and about 1 tsp. dried thyme--YUMMY--also used pieces of sliced cooked ham instead of chunks of diced!!!! This is a beautiful recipe, with lots of great earthy flavour--served for dinner with a salad and fruit, or great for a brunch - 15 Sep 2008
Wow, great recipe... I didn't think it would turn out as good or as tasty as it did. I added a couple of cloves of garlic to the mushroom mix. Just need to get the base a bit crisper, otherwise its perfect. Served with green salad. - 09 Jul 2011