1 / 1 Picture by: Paris
Moist Fruit Cake
- 175g butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 250g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 435g golden raisins
- 85g red glace cherries
- 240g cut mixed peel
- 1 (432g) tin crushed pineapple with juice
Prep:20min › Cook:2hr30min › Extra time:8hr resting › Ready in:10hr50min
- Line a tube cake tin with baking parchment and brush with melted butter.
- Cream butter and then beat in sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in extract. Mix in flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in raisins, cherries, pineapple and mixed peel. Allow this to sit overnight in covered bowl.
- Pour mixture into the prepared tin and bake at 150 C / Gas 2 for 2 1/2 hours with a tin of hot water placed on the lowest rack of your oven during baking. Brush warm cake with some melted butter.
This is the easiest fruit cake I have ever baked. So moist and an absolutely yummy. Thank you Carol more of the same please... :-)) - 19 Aug 2013
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!