Prawns and scallops in ginger butter
- 80ml white wine
- 175ml vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 leek, peeled and sliced
- 10 fresh scallops
- 150g king prawns, peeled and deveined
- 110g unsalted butter, sliced into cubes
- chopped fresh chives for garnish
- Salt and pepper
Prep:10min › Cook:10min › Ready in:20min
- Bring the wine, vegetable stock, ginger and garlic to a gentle boil in a large frying pan.
- Stir in the carrot and leek, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the scallops and prawns. Stir in the cubes of butter. Continue cooking until butter has melted and the scallops are cooked through.
- Sprinkle with chives, and season with salt and pepper to serve.
I know this may be a stupid question but should I keep the heat low when adding the fish? - 21 Oct 2008
I had a few scallops I didn't really know what to do with, so thought I'd give this a try. I only added about a third of the butter with dry vermouth instead of the wine. I served it over spaghetti. It was a nice & quick meal after a day at work. - 15 Mar 2014
Nice flavours found it very salty but that may have been down to the boullian I used. - 25 Jul 2010