Cheesy Garlic Flatbread
- 1 (7g) sachet dried active baking yeast
- 250ml lukewarm water
- 275g bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 75g butter or margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons garlic granules
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 40g grated mozzarella cheese
Prep:15min › Cook:20min › Extra time:45min proofing › Ready in:1hr20min
- In a cup or small bowl, sprinkle yeast over the surface of the lukewarm water. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes to dissolve.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, salt and sugar. Pour in the yeast mixture along with the olive oil. Beat with a sturdy spoon until dough is stiff enough to pull away from the sides of the bowl. Cover and set aside until doubled in size, about 35 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and knead briefly on a floured surface. Roll the dough out to 5mm to 1cm thickness or to the size of your baking tray. Place on a greased baking tray and spread butter over the top. Sprinkle with garlic granules, Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese. Let rest while you preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown and cheese is bubbly. Serve warm.
Made this the other night - absolutely gorgeous!! I would recommend reducing the amount of water a little - my dough came out very sticky at first and I had to add extra flour. PS: I think this might make a nice pizza base too - gonna try it tonight! - 02 Jul 2013
Bread baking just doesn’t get any easier than this. I was looking for a simple bread to go with the soup I was making for supper and ran across this. I made a portion of the bread and adjusted the seasoning to compliment the soup. I also let it rise a little longer on the second rise because I wanted a lighter texture of bread. It came out perfect. It has great flavor, soft texture, and great chew. If you’re new at bread baking this is great bread to start with. It’s a great recipe. - 18 Mar 2012
What can I say....absolutely delicious & so easy to make!!! I do agree that you need to reduce the amount of water as mine dough was very sticky too...but I just added more flour!!! Definitely will be making again!! - 08 Aug 2013