1 / 1 Picture by:
Moist Vegan Fruit Cake
Makes: 1 23cm tube cake and 1 loaf
- 500g plain flour
- 400g caster sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 750g unsweetened apple sauce
- 175ml vegetable oil
- 150g raisins
- 175g chopped pitted dates
- 450g crystallised mixed fruit
- 240g chopped walnuts
- 60g walnut halves
- 170g halved glace cherries
Prep:20min › Cook:1hr › Ready in:1hr20min
- Preheat oven to 150 C / Gas 2. Grease one 23cm tube cake tin and one 23x13cm loaf tin.
- Sieve the flour, sugar, cocoa, cornflour, bicarbonate of soda, salt, cinnamon and cloves into a large bowl. Stir in the apple sauce and oil, then mix in the raisins, dates, mixed fruit and 240g walnuts. Pour into the prepared tins to about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven or until a skewer inserted into the crown of the cake comes out clean.
Love this recipe! Easy to make (I am brand new to baking). Perfect for vegans, great for those who observe the Lent period. - 29 Mar 2014
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!