1 / 1 Picture by:
Moist Vegan Fruit Cake
Makes: 1 23cm tube cake and 1 loaf
- 500g plain flour
- 400g caster sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 750g unsweetened apple sauce
- 175ml vegetable oil
- 150g raisins
- 175g chopped pitted dates
- 450g crystallised mixed fruit
- 240g chopped walnuts
- 60g walnut halves
- 170g halved glace cherries
Prep:20min › Cook:1hr › Ready in:1hr20min
- Preheat oven to 150 C / Gas 2. Grease one 23cm tube cake tin and one 23x13cm loaf tin.
- Sieve the flour, sugar, cocoa, cornflour, bicarbonate of soda, salt, cinnamon and cloves into a large bowl. Stir in the apple sauce and oil, then mix in the raisins, dates, mixed fruit and 240g walnuts. Pour into the prepared tins to about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven or until a skewer inserted into the crown of the cake comes out clean.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!