Spicy Peanut Soup
- 1 litre (1 3/4 pints) chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 green chilli, seeded and minced
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 150g (5 oz) unsweetened crunchy peanut butter
Prep:10min › Cook:15min › Extra time:20min › Ready in:45min
- In a large saucepan add stock and chilli and bring mixture to the boil. Stir in pepper and onion and return to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and let simmer until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to lowest possible temperature; add peanut butter and cook, stirring constantly, until peanut butter is melted and mixture is well blended.
Something else. I love this recipe! But I replaced the chillies with 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder, used a whole onion and a whole green pepper, added a stick of celery and a clove of garlic and two nests of noodles! I'd also like to add some chicken and sweetcorn :D - 01 Dec 2009
Used different ingredients. would like to try adding some noodles and sweet chilli sauce! - 10 Dec 2008
Altered ingredient amounts. this recipe is so easy. I had been looking for a good peanut sauce since getting hooked on it in West Africa. This one really hit the spot. I like to eat this as a sauce over rice instead of as a soup. So I use less stock and more of everything else. I also use vegetable stock and organic peanut butter (instead of the super sweet/salty kind). Highly recommend it. - 24 Jul 2008