Homemade pizza base
Serves : 15
- 200ml (7 fl oz) warm water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 300g (11 oz) plain flour
- 1 dessertspoon caster sugar
- 1 dessertspoon dried active baking yeast
Prep:10min › Cook:20min › Ready in:30min
- Add ingredients in the order suggested by your manufacturer. Set for dough setting and start machine. When the unit signals, remove dough.
- Pat dough into a greased 30cm (12 in) round pizza pan. Let stand 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas mark 6. Spread pizza sauce over dough. Sprinkle toppings over sauce (such as basil and mozzarella for a simple margherita pizza). Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
Recipe was easy to follow, mine came out very firm but I suspect that was my error and not the recipe. Was very tasty and crunchy and cooked perfectly in 15 mins. - 03 Nov 2011
This is a great recipe and I use it all the time. Base comes out nice and fluffy, but you can roll it thinner if you prefer a thin base. - 24 Dec 2011
This is a wonderfully easy pizza that i have made about 15 times for friends and everyone loves it! - 14 Jul 2008