1 / 1
41 people made this
About this recipe:
A tried but true basic cake recipe that never fails. This cake is so easy to make and made with ingredients found in any cupboard. Enjoy!
400g caster sugar
425g cake flour
4 egg yolks
4 egg whites
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease and flour three 23cm round tins.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 200g of the sugar. In a separate bowl, beat egg yolks well, then add to butter mixture.
- Sift together flour and baking powder. Add alternately with the milk to the butter-sugar mixture. Beat well. Add vanilla.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Add 200g sugar to the egg whites. Fold into cake mixture.
- Divide cake mixture evenly into three prepared 23cm round tins. Bake at 180 C / Gas 4 for 25 minutes.
Check out our collection of Buttercream icing recipes, which would make a perfect complement to this fabulous cake.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate