Salmon with Ginger, Orange and Balsamic Glaze
2 / 2
71 people made this
About this recipe:
Glazed salmon is made with orange juice, ginger and balsamic vinegar. Serve with jasmine rice and asparagus for a lovely summer meal.
1kg (2 1/4 lb) salmon fillet
225ml (8 fl oz) orange juice
1 dessertspoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh root ginger
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas mark 6.
- Place orange juice in a small saucepan over medium low heat. Cook and stir 10 to 15 minutes, until reduced by about 1/2. Remove from heat, and allow to cool.
- Stir balsamic vinegar and ginger into orange juice.
- Line a medium baking dish with baking parchment. Place salmon fillet on parchment, skin side down. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with 1/2 the orange juice mixture.
- Bake salmon in the preheated oven 10 to 15 minutes. Brush with remaining glaze, and continue baking 10 to 15 minutes, until easily flaked with a fork.
I just tried this one today with a side of jasmine rice and quite liked it.
The glaze could use a bit of playing around with as I found the salmon largely overpowered it.
- 27 Aug 2012
Write a review
Click on stars to rate