1 / 1 Picture by: srt8mommy
White Chocolate Creme Brulee
Makes: 6 creme brulees
- 6 tablespoons chopped and toasted macadamia nuts
- 100g caster sugar
- 475ml whipping cream
- 100g bar white chocolate, chopped
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 110g dark brown soft sugar
Prep:15min › Cook:45min › Ready in:1hr
- Preheat oven to 150 C / Gas 2.
- Set 6 ramekins in a deep roasting tray. Put 1 tablespoon of the macadamia nuts into each of the ramekins.
- In a saucepan, stir the cream and sugar over medium heat. When the mixture comes to a slow simmer, add the white chocolate and remove from the heat. Whisk until the chocolate has completely melted. Stir in the egg yolks, one at a time, continuing to whisk until combined. Stir in the vanilla extract. Divide the mixture evenly between the ramekins. Place the dish into the oven and then pour water into baking dish until ramekins are 3/4 submerged.
- Cook in preheated oven until custard has set, about 45 minutes. Remove pan and preheat the grill.
- Sprinkle the dark brown soft sugar over each of the ramekins. Place pan under grill until sugar has melted and caramelised, about 5 minutes.
- Remove ramekins from water bath. Allow to cool for about 15 minutes. I prefer to chill these in the fridge before serving however they are just as heavenly served warm.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!