Slow Cooker Chilli con Carne
Serves : 8
- 500g (1 1/4 lb) minced beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (600g) jar passata
- 2 (400g) tins kidney beans, liquid reserved from one tin
- 1 (400g) tin cannellini beans, liquid reserved
- 1/2 tablespoon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Prep:15min › Cook:8hr › Ready in:8hr15min
- Place the mince in a frying pan over medium heat, and cook until evenly brown. Drain fat.
- Place the mince in a slow cooker, and mix in remaining ingredients.
- Cover, and cook 8 hours on Low.
Add a few drops of hot pepper sauce to heat things up.
Used different ingredients. I used 2 tins of chopped tomatoes instead of passata, and replaced one of the tins of kidney beans for baked beans! - 22 Feb 2011
Hi, I am about to try this recipe, but cant see anywhere about adding any liquid for the chilli to cook in. Can some one help pleaseeeeeeeee. - 04 Nov 2012
Hiya rudiedog6, drain one tin of the kidney beans only. The other tin of kidney beans and the tin of cannellini beans go in with liquid and all. Hope this helps! - 14 Feb 2012