Slow cooker salmon
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon margarine or butter
- 120ml vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 40g rice
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 salmon fillet
Prep:20min › Cook:1hr › Extra time:45min › Ready in:2hr5min
- Sweat the mushrooms, onion and red pepper in a pan for a couple of minutes in the butter. Put these ingredients into the slow cooker along with the vegetable stock and chilli powder and cook for 30 minutes on high.
- Add the rice to the slow cooker, stir and cook for further 15 minutes. Meanwhile, mix the soy sauce, lime juice and garlic in a small bowl and lay the salmon in the sauce, top side down, and leave for 15 minutes.
- Once marinated for 15 minutes, pour the sauce into the slow cooker and lay the salmon on top to steam. Cook for a further 1 hour.
This is totally delicious. Doubled everything for two - but don't double the chilli powder if you do that! Always potent enough when slow cooked! - 20 Nov 2013
Cooked this twice now just to be sure it was as delicious the second time around, superb recipe and very simple to do, thank you for sharing it it is now a family favourite as I passed it on. - 12 Feb 2014
Very nice little recipe. Mine was somewhat less low calorie with the addition of cheese stirred through at the end to make it more of a risotto. It has certainly gone down well for dinner. - 04 Feb 2013