1 / 1 Picture by:
- 4 to 6 spring onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 6 large potatoes
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 handful fresh basil, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic cloves, crushed
- a few sprigs sage
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds, crushed
- 1 to 2 vegetable stock cubes (optional)
- 1 ladle milk or cream
Prep:30min › Cook:1hr › Ready in:1hr30min
- Put the onions in a saucepan with the butter and let them sweat on a low heat.
- While the onions are cooking, peel and chop the potatoes into 1cm cubes.
- Now add all your seasoning into the pan along with a good dash of salt and pepper. Add the potatoes and give a good mix up.
- Pour in enough water to cover the vegetables, and add stock cubes, if using. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, simmer and cook for around 1 hour.
- Working in batches, pour the soup into a blender and give it a good whizz. Return the soup to another saucepan.
- Let it simmer for a few minutes to settle a little and the flavours to mix. Taste and add more seasoning as needed.
- Before you are ready to serve add a ladle of either milk or cream to just give it that creamy taste.
You can also add other veg to this soup. Try carrots, or some broccoli. Ideal for getting the kids to eat veggies.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!