1 / 1 Picture by: chocolategoddess
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 knob butter
- 2 medium leeks, sliced
- 4 medium carrots, diced
- 900ml (1 1/2 pt) vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons red lentils
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 courgette, diced
- salt and pepper
Prep:10min › Cook:50min › Ready in:1hr
- In a large pan, fry the onion in butter for a few minutes over a medium heat. When beginning to soften, add the leeks and cover. Reduce the heat to low and cook for around 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots, cover, and cook for a further 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil before adding the oats, lentils, and herbs. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for around 10 minutes.
- Add the courgette and adjust the seasoning to your taste before replacing the cover and simmering for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the cover and simmer the soup until you have the amount of liquid you prefer. Serve with hot, crusty, French bread!
Throw in whatever veg you have in the fridge, or adjust the amounts to give a different balance of flavours. If you want a thicker soup, try adding more oatmeal or lentils.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!