Vegetable and green lentil curry
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 (400g) tin green lentils
- 1 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes
- chopped fresh coriander to garnish (optional)
Prep:5min › Cook:25min › Ready in:30min
- Over medium-high heat in a large frying pan with the oil, fry onion, garlic and pepper until soft and onion is transparent.
- Add all of the spices and stir well for 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add lentils and stir well. Leave for ten minutes. Do not let it boil.
- Serve with basmati or boiled rice, and add fresh coriander on top if desired.
If you want to add meat, I suggest either chicken breast or diced beef. Brown while frying the vegetables, and add when you add the spices.
Easy, nutritious and low cost. My kind of recipe! Also very tasty. - 25 Mar 2013
Perfect! Exactly what I was looking for, minimal and cheap! I added chili also, just for a bit more heat. - 09 Mar 2013
Simple & delicious! - 19 Oct 2013