3 people made this
About this recipe:
Add whatever fillings you want and as much cheese. This version uses cheese and bacon, and it's a festive starter for a casual party.
200g self-raising flour
3 slices bacon, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
125g sweetcorn, tinned or frozen, or to taste
100g cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / Gas 6.
- Sieve the flour into the baking bowl, rub in the margarine until it resembles bread crumbs.
- Make a well in the centre of the mixture and add the milk a little at a time, until it forms a soft dough.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface. Roll into a rectangle the size of a baking tray.
- Cook and stir the chopped bacon in a frying pan over medium heat until crisp. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Spread the tomato puree over the rolled out dough. Spread onion, sweetcorn and bacon on top of dough and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Roll up like a Swiss roll. Cut into slices, and place slices flat onto to a floured baking tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 12 to 15 minutes.
i made these earlier and luvd um, i cheated abit and used just roll pastry, i also mixed cream cheese with garlic to the tomato puree before spreading, will defo be making these again
- 13 Apr 2011
Write a review
Click on stars to rate