Extra time:10min resting ›
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oregano, Italian herbs, garlic powder, onion powder, Cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper.
- Add the minced lamb and thoroughly mix through all dry ingredients. Using a kneading method for around 3 minutes will ensure the lamb is smooth and all dry ingredients are evenly combined.
- Shape the seasoned minced lamb & place into a loaf tin and place on a baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for around 1 hour 20 minutes. Turn the loaf half way through cooking time to ensure even browning.
- Once cooked, wrap kebab meat in foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Slice the doner kebab meat as thinly as possible and serve with warmed pitta bread and salad.
Serve with warmed (lightly toasted) pitta bread. Chilli sauce and a salad of shredded cabbage, carrot, onion and sliced cucumber.
Great to make in advance, slice and freeze.
Also great to add as a topping for pizzas.
I use the loaf tin liners that can be purchased from the pound shop (please see pic). They're great for preventing the lamb sticking to the tin and are also great to catch all the grease while cooking. I use 2 liners and use the 2nd liner half way through cooking.