1 person made this
About this recipe:
This chocolate cake was made for me when I recently opened my new company. The recipe is easy but tastes awesome.
300g light muscovado sugar
100g plain flour
100g self-raising flour
300g dark chocolate, melted, slightly cooled
For the icing
200g dark chocolate
200ml double cream
Extra time:30min cooling ›
- Preheat the oven to 160 C / Gas 2 1/2. Butter and line a 20cm cake tin.
- Using an electric whisk, beat together butter and light muscovado sugar in a large bowl until fluffy.
- Measure out plain flour and self-raising flour, beat in 5 eggs, one at a time, adding 1 or 2 tablespoons flour if the mixture starts to split.
- Pour 300g melted and slightly cooled dark chocolate into the mixture, beating as you do so. Fold in the rest of the flour. Spoon into the tin.
- Bake for 1 hour 30 minutes, the cake should be risen with a crust on top. Cool and then take out of the tin. Split the cake horizontally.
- To make the icing, gently melt together dark chocolate with double cream. Cool until thickened slightly. Fill the cake with icing, then spread the rest over the outside.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate