Makes: 1 doner meat loaf
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian herbs
- 1 teaspoon plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 500g lean lamb mince
Prep:15min › Cook:1hr20min › Extra time:10min resting › Ready in:1hr45min
- Preheat the oven to 170 C / Gas 3.
- Blend the herbs, flour and spices together in a large bowl.
- Add the lamb mince and knead until all the herbs and spices are mixed into the lamb mince.
- Take the mixture and roll into a ball, then roll on a cutting board into a roly-poly type shape.
- Bake on a rack or grill in the oven for 1 hour 20 minutes.
- Take out of the oven or the grill and cover in tin foil. Leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Once rested, cut and serve.
I tend to find that cutting is best done with an electric knife to get thin slices.
Serve with salad and chips or wedges.
hi , when you say bake on a rack do you have to put anything underneath it , does it release juices during cooking ? i love doner meat but never thought to make it myself , i'll let you know how it goes , thx - 01 Jan 2014
My 9 year old son and myself really enjoyed the doner meat kebab's they where so lovely I will be doing them again - 15 Apr 2014