Roasted pepper and tomato soup
- 2 peppers, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mixed herbs
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped chillies (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 600ml (1 pt) vegetable stock
Prep:10min › Cook:1hr30min › Ready in:1hr40min
- Add the vegetables, herbs, garlic, chillies, salt and pepper to a roasting dish, drizzle over the oil and roast for 1 hour, or until soft and squishy)
- Transfer the roasted veg to a saucepan, pour in the stock and bring to the boil, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before blending in a food processor or using a hand blender, then heat to desired temperature and serve immediately.
A sprinkle of dried chillies are a nice touch to add before serving.
Adding another spoonful of oregano gives this soup a more Italian taste.
Lovely recipe, jus made it for hubby to take to work cos its freezing. I think id use half the amount of chillies next time tho. - 13 Dec 2012
A Real winter warmer soup, the chilli puts some real heat in it - 04 Feb 2012
Great soup and so easy to make but wouldnt use as much chillies next time as too hot for the kids. - 08 Jan 2014