1 / 1 Picture by: Duncx
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 or 2 sticks lemongrass, finely chopped
- 6 black cardamom pods
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 (5cm) chunk root ginger, finely chopped
- 600g stewing steak, cut into 5cm cubes
- 25g tamarind block
- 4 to 5 teaspoons massaman curry paste
- 1 chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- 6 baby potatoes, peeled and halved
- 4 shallots, peeled and halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
Prep:1hr › Cook:3hr › Ready in:4hr
- Get a large pan out and throw in the coconut milk, fish sauce, salt, lemongrass, cardamon, cinnamon and ginger along with the beef. Slowly bring to a simmer, partially cover and simmer for 2 hours until beef is very tender, stirring gently occasionally.
- Get the tamarind and put it in 475ml of boiling water and let it infuse for 15 minutes, then pulse in the blender for a few whizzes. Then strain through a sieve, pushing as much through as you can.
- Take the whole spices out of the beef mixture, and add the curry paste, chilli, potatoes and shallots, then add the tamarind water. Cover and simmer until the potatoes are cooked.
- Throw in the coriander serve immediately.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!