Lemon mousse trifle
Be the first to make this!
About this recipe:
This is a real kid pleaser dessert that they can join in and help make or decorate.
1 (135g) packet of lemon jelly
1 (284ml) carton of whipping cream,
1 (170g) raspberry swiss roll, cut into 10 slices
Lemon rind (optional)
Chocolate for drizzling (optional)
Fresh raspberries (optional)
- Dissolve jelly in very hot water according to packet directions, allow to cool.
- Put 4 tablespoons of cooled (but still runny) jelly in a 1 litre glass bowl. Top with 5 slices of Swiss roll. Swirl around continuously until set.
- Place remaining slices of Swiss roll onto set jelly.
- Whip cream until very thick and add remaining cooled jelly. Stir with a fork until well mixed. Spoon onto Swiss roll layer and transfer to fridge until set. (About 1 1/2 hours).
- For decoration, serve with lemon rind, drizzled melted chocolate and/or fresh raspberries.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate