Extra time:1hr marinating ›
- Heat oil on high and add chicken and spices in a frying pan. Stir gently to ensure all the chicken is coated with the ingredients. Lightly brown all the chicken pieces.
- Turn heat to low and cover. Cook until just tender, about 45 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Meanwhile, cook spinach either by steaming, boiling or microwave with seasonings. Once cooked and cooled, squeeze out any excess water.
- Once chicken is cooked, transfer to a plate, leaving behind the oil and juices. Add cooked spinach to the frying pan, stir fry quickly with the seasonings, and then return the chicken pieces and cook for 5 minutes.
- I usually serve this with chapatis or warmed tortillas.
Feel free to marinate chicken in the spices the day before.
I usually use 1 teaspoon salt to 1 pound of chicken, however, I have suggested slightly less, as all purpose seasonings contain quite a lot of salt, so please use carefully, or season towards the end of cooking once you have tasted the dish.
See it on my blog
Slow growing collection of Malzu's family recipes