5 people made this
About this recipe:
Delicious coconut cookies. They are great to make in the winter or at Christmas as they resemble snowballs!
320g butter, melted
75g icing sugar, plus more for rolling
1 to 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 pinch ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
420g plain flour
180g dessicated coconut
Extra time:2min resting ›
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Melt the butter, mix in the icing sugar, vanilla, nutmeg, and salt. Add the flour and coconut whilst still warm.
- Shape into small balls and place on an ungreased baking tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until set but not yet going brown.
- Remove from oven, and let them stand for 2 minutes, no longer. Whilst they are still hot, roll in icing sugar, coating generously. Place them on a wire rack and let them cool thoroughly.
- When the cookies are cool, roll them in icing sugar a second time.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate