1 / 1 Picture by:
Easy chicken pie
Nikkikitten London, England, UK
- 750g or 1/2 roast chicken (leftovers are ideal)
- 25g butter
- 4 to 5 spring onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped tarragon
- 2 teaspoons chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 250ml milk
- 150ml double cream
- 250g button mushrooms
- salt and pepper to taste
- 500g puff pastry, ready rolled
- 1 egg
Prep:15min › Cook:35min › Ready in:50min
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / Gas 6.
- Remove chunks of cooked chicken from the bone, removing any skin.
- In a large pan at medium-high heat, melt the butter and add the spring onions, tarragon and chives. Lightly brown the spring onions, add the tablespoon of flour along with 2 tablespoons of cold water and stir until it becomes a smooth paste. Add the milk and the cream, and cook until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken and the mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the filling into a medium sized pie dish (it should be large enough to feed 2 to 3 people). Roll out puff pastry and lay on top of the pie dish. Cut any excess from the edges.
- Whisk an egg in a small bowl and brush on top of the pastry.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the pastry is crispy, 30 to 35 minutes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!