2 people made this
About this recipe:
An American recipe - never knew what they were but my partner had them when he lived in America. Basically hot dogs in batter that are deep fried. Hope you like them!!
Makes: 10 corn dogs
4 tablespoons cornmeal (polenta)
60g wholemeal flour
2 teaspoons dried mustard powder
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons milk
oil for frying
10 wooden kebab sticks
- Mix together all the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the egg and the milk and mix well until the cornmeal (polenta) has reached a thick consistency.
- Preheat the oil in a deep fryer or frying pan to medium high heat.
- Dip in frankfurters in batter and deep fry until golden - only takes a minute or two. You also might have to turn them.
- When done, dry on kitchen paper and stick kebab sticks in them and serve with a salad and homemade wedges or chips!
I really like these....thanks for recipe. Made them as part of a buffet and the kids love them....why do they love anything on a stick?
- 06 Apr 2015
Write a review
Click on stars to rate