Extra time:1hr cooling ›
- Grate the peeled cucumber using the large holes in the grater. Put aside in a colander lined with kitchen paper and let rest for about 30 minutes until some liquid has drained.
- In a bowl combine minced garlic, chopped mint and dill, lemon juice, and yoghurt.
- Dry cucumbers by patting with kitchen towels, then mix into yogurt mixture.
- Let sit in the fridge ideally for a couple of hours before serving. Season with salt.
- When ready, drizzle over with olive oil before serving.
Add more garlic for extra flavour.
If you can't find Greek yogurt, you can make something similar by straining regular plain yogurt for several hours to remove the liquid and thicken the yogurt. I recommend using two coffee filters inside a colander, placed inside a bowl to catch the liquid.
Instead of grating the entire cucumber, leave 1/4 and cut into little cubes for some extra crunch & texture.